Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Dwarf-Hair Armor

I was searching around my hard drive and found this in my images. I barely remember making this, or frankly, why I did, but now it's the rest of the world's problem. I've included a transcription down below, but not much else.

I'm pretty sure I used the Homebrewery to make this piece. It's nice tool for simulating the D&D 5E style of formatting in general. I am garbage at basic text editing code, but they offer many premade templates to use.

Tomte cropped from a larger image by John Bauer

Dwarf-Hair Armor

Armor (hide), rare (requires attunement)

This pungent, shaggy grey mass resembles a gambeson and matching helmet made from braids of long, thickly matted hair. It was shaved off of the body of a rare type of dwarf whose beards and body hair grow so dense that they groom them into clothing and even body armor.

You gain a +1 bonus to AC while wearing this armor.

You also gain a healthy ecosystem of microscopic hair fauna.

Up to three times per day when a creature misses you with a weapon attack in melee, the weapon gets snagged and tangled in the hairs of the armor. The attacker must make a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw or drop their weapon. Nonmagical weapons are lost in the snarls of hair, while magical weapons drop to the ground in a random space within 5 feet of you. A weapon lost within the hair vanishes and cannot be retrieved.

It belongs to the Beard now.

No comments:

Post a Comment