Monday, August 12, 2024

I Contributed to Another Spooky Book!

Sorry I missed my usual once-a-month post here; I suddenly got very busy elsewhere. Busy for me, at least.

Specifically, I contributed to the Backwoods, the latest in the Backwards series of post-apocalyptic American Gothic Horror setting books! Each Backwards book focuses on a region of the American Lands, which is what remains of the eastern US after a vaguely-defined End that blasted the world back to colonial levels of tech and superstition. Backwoods takes place in and around the Heartlands, which is the successor to New England and also the seat of American government, such as it is. I didn't write anything major, but you might find my fingerprints here or there, and it was fun to be a part all the same.

If folk horror and eldritch weirdness in the land of Lovecraft and Steven King mixed with the occasional whimsy of a Washington Irving poem piques your interest, go check out their Kickstarter.

They funded a while ago, but you can still place a preorder.

I'm also working on a book of my own right now, although I don't want to get in-depth about that until everything's signed and sorted. But you'll have more stuff from me to look forward to Soon™.

That's all for now. I should resume my regular blogging later this month; gods know I've got enough half-finished drafts that I could probably just throw a dart at them on the wall and finish the last few tables or paragraphs wherever it lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment